Radon Inspections for Greater St. Louis
Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas. When elevated, it becomes the second leading cause of lung cancer. It is a tasteless and odorless gas derived from the radioactive decay of radium.
What To Expect
- Testing during a real estate transaction requires a short-term radon test.
- A continuous radon monitor (CRM) is placed in the lowest possible living area of the home.
- The testing period is a minimum of 48 hours.
- Results will indicate an EPA level that is either safe or elevated
- Homes where the lowest living area exceeds 2,000 square feet, a second monitor will be used.
Mitigation and/or retesting will be recommended for elevated levels. PVC piping and an inline fan are installed to keep radon levels at a safe level, below 4.0 pCi/L.
What Will It Cost?
Radon Inspection fees vary based on the size of the lowest level. Prices may be subject to change based on unforeseen variables.
Prices range from $160 – $260
Please contact our office for a detailed list of all items included in your home inspection.