Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas. When elevated, it becomes the second leading cause of lung cancer. It is a tasteless and odorless gas derived from the radioactive decay of radium.
What To Expect
- Testing during a real estate transaction requires a short-term radon test.
- A continuous radon monitor (CRM) is placed in the lowest possible living area of the home.
- The testing period is a minimum of 48 hours.
- Results will indicate an EPA level that is either safe or elevated
- Homes where the lowest living area exceeds 2,000 square feet, a second monitor will be used.
Mitigation and/or retesting will be recommended for elevated levels. PVC piping and an inline fan are installed to keep radon levels at a safe level, below 4.0 pCi/L.
What Will It Cost?
Radon Inspection fees vary based on the size of the lowest level. Prices may be subject to change based on unforeseen variables.
Prices range from $159 – $209
Please contact our office for a detailed list of all items included in your home inspection.
Castle Home Inspections Provides a Variety of Warranties
Learn more about your FREE Warranty Coverage & the 18-Month Warranty
Get The Most Out Of Your Inspection
Save Time With Repair Addendums Made From The Inspection Report
Saves precious time – no more copying & pasting items to create your repair addendum. Use our Create Request List™(CRL™) feature to create a list and attach it to the regular repair addendum form right from your inspection report.
Try a live demo now!
Repair Estimate Report ( RER) by Porch
Getting repair estimates for the items found during your home inspection is a huge pain point. Now save time, effort, and energy with the RER through Porch. Experts will deliver you an itemized list of estimates to review, based on your inspection report. Now creating the CRL is easier than before. Fee for the RER is $80.00.